Grab your sunscreen because today is National Bikini Day, and it's the ideal time to hit the beach. National Bikini Day commemorates the introduction of the two-piece swimming suit.
1. What is the Date of National Bikini Day?
The date of national bikini day is July 5th. Since 1946, the day has been marked with tremendous awareness and excitement. Women can now enjoy their beach or pool time more than ever before thanks to the idea. The bikini was difficult to catch on because of its risqué design, but it gradually gained traction when film stars like Ava Gardner and Brigitte Bardot began to wear bikinis on public beaches and in their films. The garment was unquestionably one of the greatest innovations of all time, and it was named after the South Pacific island of Bikini Atoll, where nuclear tests were conducted in 1946. Prepare to join us in celebrating this summer icon!
2. National Bikini Day History
The bikini's origins can be traced back to Paris. French designer Louis Reard was the first to introduce a bikini named after the Bikini Atoll, where the United States conducted atomic tests. It was named by the designer after the disclosing fragments of fabric atoms. The bikini was not very popular when it was first invented. Women at the period wore one-piece bathing suits to the beach or poolside. However, Louis Beard altered the style of that bathing suit and created two-piece swimming suits for ladies.
3. National Bikini Day Interesting Facts
- In 1946, a Persian fashion designer named Louis Reard designed the bikini.
- Bikinis were first to gain popularity among women due to their risqué design.
- Film stars such as Ava Gardner and Brigitte Bardot began to wear bikinis on public beaches, making them popular among ordinary women.
- The Olympic Committee designated the bikini as the official women's beach volleyball uniform in 1993.
- The bikini made its premiere in Paris.
- Susan Rosen created the most expensive bikini in the world for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue 2012. - The bikini is made up of about 150 carats of D flawless diamonds that are set in platinum.
- Initially, no fashion model was willing to show off his swimsuit in front of a camera.
Several countries, including Spain, Portugal, Italy, Belgium, and Australia, have outlawed bikinis, calling them "sinful."
- In 2007, a Lebanese-Australian designer developed on the notion and created the 'Burkini,' which is now worn by Muslim women all over the world.
When it comes to bikini manufacturing and export, China is at the top of the list.
- In Egypt, there is a beach called 'La Femme,' which is away from males and camera lenses. This is a location for Muslim women to replace their lengthy garments with bikinis without fear of offending.
4. National Bikini Day Activities
Purchase a new bikini
You can never have too many bikinis, so indulge yourself. But don't get the same old one: experiment with a fresh design or color. Summer has only just begun, and so has your buying frenzy.
Organize a bikini pool party
Themed parties are a lot of fun. Get some bikini-themed party supplies from your local party supply store and invite your friends over for some pool fun. Don't forget to bring sunscreen!
Wear your favorite one-piece
Bikinis are entertaining, but we must confess that they are not for everyone. If wearing a bikini isn't your thing, that's fine. You can still participate in the fun! Join the pool party in your favorite one-piece.
5. National Bikini Day Quotes
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bikini and that’s pretty close.”
“If it requires a bikini, my answer is yes.”
“Life is short. Buy the bikini.”
“Life isn’t perfect but your bikini can be”.
“Every season is bikini season”.
“Life is so much better in the Sun, on the beach, in the bikini”.